With Christmas 25 days away, it's time to eat all the things that make it feel like summer and Christmas (Yes it's summer here) Stone fruit, Cherries, and Chocolate Balls. Being a nursing mum means no alcohol, so Rum balls isn't an option. BUT I have a great recipe that I got off a friend of a friend for Chocolate balls that is very easy to make and requires no baking!
Christmas Chocolate Balls.
1 Packet Arrnots Nice biscuits
1 tin of sweetened condensed milk
1 Packet desiccated coconut
1 large Cherry Ripe (or be creative)
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1. Place the biscuits in a processor and blend into fine crumbs, Place into a big bowl
2. Add the whole tin of condensed milk into the crumb mixture (might need to lick your fingers here) Mix it together with a wooden spoon
3. Add 1/3 cup Coconut, 1/3cup cocoa powder and a crushed Cherry Ripe. Mix it all together. The mixture should have a relatively wet consistency.
4. Place mixture in the fridge for at least half an hour so it firms up a little.
5. With a spoon (or I just use my fingers), spoon up a small amount of the mixture, roll it into a ball in your hands. Then roll it gently in a bowl of coconut to coat the outside. Place on a plate. Refrigerate after completion, or you can freeze them for later.
Fun fact. I spilt nearly half my mixture in one rather too energetic mix, on the couch, while completely distracted my a movie and Pinterest. Bad multitasking! bad! Ha!